Black Bean Tacos
This recipe is quick, tasty, and leaves plenty for leftovers. It’s also great for nachos. Just put some of the beans and onions over tortilla chips, top with shredded cheese, and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- One onion, chopped
- Two cans of black beans
- 10 ounces of salsa verde, give or take to suit your tastes
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- Taco shells
- Shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (vegetable oil will work in a pinch)
- (Optional) Additional toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, avocado, or corn
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Coat the inside of the pan with the oil. Cook onion until they turn translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and mix in salsa, black beans, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with taco shells and toppings, or put mixture on tortilla chips and bake for nachos. Enjoy.
Tempeh and Green Bean Stir-Fry With Peanut Sauce
This is a tasty dish that’s easy on the wallet. Sriracha and peanut butter blend together to make a simple yet delicious sauce for the stir fry.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 6 tablespoons natural-style, chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages of tempeh, cut into 1/3-inch strips
- 2 cups carrot, thinly sliced
- One red bell pepper, julienne
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Mix 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon Sriracha, 5 teaspoons soy sauce, and garlic in a bowl for a stir fry mixture. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan. Add tempeh and half of stir-fry mixture. Cook until the edges are golden brown, then remove tempeh and put it in a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp. oil and coat the pan before adding the vegetables. Leave out the green onion for now. Cook until beans are tender, then add remaining half of stir-fry mixture and green onions. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix back in tempeh and the set-aside peanut sauce. Stir mixture to thicken peanut sauce, then serve. Enjoy.